Protect Your Companion with Cat & Dog Vaccinations in DeRidder & Leesville, LA
Vaccines are an essential part of your pet’s wellness care. Without them, cats and dogs are vulnerable to dangerous diseases that are highly prevalent in the environment. These diseases include distemper, parvovirus, panleukopenia, rabies, and others. If you and your pet are moving to the DeRidder, LA, Leesville, LA, or Fort Polk areas from another state or from abroad, we’ll discuss possible changes to their cat/dog vaccination protocol based on our area’s unique dangers. Additionally, we’re more than happy to set your pet up for a healthy new life if you’re moving away! Call Hayes Veterinary Hospital at (337) 463-7011 or Entrance Road Veterinary Clinic (337) 537-2454 to learn more about your pets vaccinations.
Vaccinations We Offer for Cats & Dogs
At Hayes Veterinary Hospital and Entrance Road Veterinary Hospital, we offer both core (essential) and noncore (lifestyle) vaccines for cats and dogs. These include:
- DHPP (distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, parvovirus)
- Bordetella (“kennel cough”) – often required by boarding and grooming facilities, including ours
- Leptospirosis – recommended for dogs who are often outdoors
- Lyme disease – a tick-borne illness that is becoming more prevalent in the south; often recommended for dogs who are traveling to tick-infested areas
- FVRCP (feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia)
- Feline leukemia – While it is generally considered a noncore vaccine, FeLV is essential for all cats due to its endemic nature in our area.
When Does My Pet Need Vaccines?
Puppies and kittens will begin a vaccination series in their first year of life which will include their rabies vaccine, distemper vaccine, and any other lifestyle vaccines they may need. After this initial series, you cat or dog will need annual boosters in order to maintain their immunity. Our veterinarians will develop a personalized vaccination schedule that fits with your abilities and your pet’s needs.